Patent Drawing or Illustration
Patent drawings are crucial in the patent application process. Einfolge offers a range of patent drawing services to assist clients with their intellectual property needs. Illustrations of the invention and its various aspects provide an additional layer of detail that may not be conveyed through written description alone. Accurate and high-quality patent drawings can ensure that the patent application is clear and understandable, increasing the likelihood of approval by the patent office.
Patent drawings or illustrations are visual representations of an invention that include various types of diagrams, such as flowcharts, graphs, technical drawings, and other illustrations that help to explain the invention's features and functions. These drawings should include any necessary measurements, labels, and other relevant information that can help the patent examiner better understand the invention.
Einfolge has experienced illustrators who can create high-quality drawings that meet the specific requirements of the patent office and help to strengthen the patent application's chances of approval.
Drawings are an integral part of the patent documents, and we provide both utility and design patent drawings as per the standard requirements of all major patent offices. Our drawings are created formally using the latest software and computer equipment by skilled illustrators.
We help our clients translate their inventive and artistic concepts onto paper and assist them in filing for IP protection with patent issuing authorities.Get a free quote
Purpose of the patent illustration
Patent illustrations can help clarify complex details of an invention, such as the size, shape, and composition of its various parts. We can provide accurate and detailed 2-D representations of an invention or object that can be easily understood by an ordinary individual, and we can also illustrate the invention's structure, operation, and unique features, helping the patent examiner determine whether the invention is novel, non-obvious, and eligible for patent protection.
In addition, patent drawings can help to avoid misunderstandings or ambiguities that may arise from the written description of an invention. By providing a visual representation of the invention, patent drawings can help ensure that the patent examiner understands the invention's intended purpose, function, and design.
Types of patent drawings and illustrations
Design Patent Drawing: A design patent protects the ornamental appearance of a product or device, e.g., the shape, design, or configuration of an object. It grants the patent owner a right to exclude others from making, using, or selling an otherwise similar device that includes the same or similar ornamental features.
Utility Patent Drawing: A utility patent is the most common type of patent; it protects the functional aspects of your invention so that others can’t make, use, sell, or import it. Utility drawings define complex inventions and play a crucial role in the patent application process. It is important to ensure those drawings are simple, clear, and accurate.
Why choose Einfolge for patent drawing?
- We have more than 9 years of experience in patent illustration or drawing.
- Einfolge provides illustration services to firms and individuals around the world, including patent attorneys and inventors.
- Providing the best patent drawings within a timeline is our priority for all our clients.
- Einfolge has a team of experienced and skilled patent illustrators who are well-versed in creating high-quality patent drawings (both utility and design patent drawings) that comply with the relevant patent office guidelines.
- We provide the deliverable in different formats during the overall patent illustration process, including PDFs, CDRs (CorelDraw files), VSDs (Visio files), DWGs (AutoCAD files), PNGs, Docx, SLDs, PPTs, JPEGs, AI, etc.
- The client can provide suggestions throughout the development process via an agile approach.